thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/

Friday, March 5, 2010

Doctor appointment

I saw our new OB yesterday. I was so excited to go, silly I know. Andy and I had been praying for a doctor that would be able to see me and deliver Hope. Even though I have been going to the high risk doctors almost every two weeks they are just watching Hope and her issues very closely. They will not deliver her. So... we were in big need for an OB. We met Dr. Sorenson when I was in the ER for the kidney stone fun. After sharing our hearts about being Christians and wanting to fight for our daughter's life , she shared her faith and Andy asked if she could be our doctor.

The appointment itself went really well. The doctor was wonderful, she remembered me and Hope's situation and was ready. I still have protien in my urine, +1, so she will be watching that closely. Right now my 24 hour urine doesn't show preeclampsia, but the levels are going up a little. She will probably order more 24 hour collections in the future. The nurse called Hope a very active baby and a "stinker". Everytime she would finally find her heartbeat Hope would kick and move and was all over the place. I told Andy that she is strong and is a fighter in there. That's a good thing! Her heart rate was good and they were pleased.

Here is the best part of the entire visit. I was getting ready to leave and the doctor said, please let me know if there are any specific things you need prayer for and I will pray. Then she asked if she could pray right then. She laid hands on me and prayed for the pregnancy, for Hope's healing, and strength for our family. I was just floored. Not only did God answer our prayers for a doctor who would care for me, He went above and beyond. Oh how He loves you and me!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Jenn, what an encouraging find -- a doctor to pray with you and for you. God is really going out of His way to show you He cares for you and Hope. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this is making this grown woman weep - :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful... our God is so loving and caring. What a beautiful way He has showed you and Andy. We love you and we continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jenn,
    I read your blog and all I can say is WoW! What a journey! I will be praying for you all. God is so good. He KNOWS and CARES. It was great to talk to you today. Just a little FYI my blog has been changed to: http://www.abundantblessingsfromabove
    .blogspot.com/
    Blessings~ Jeanie

    ReplyDelete